Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Netflix

To appease our impatient readership, we will be posting two entries today. You know, I was going to write about my substitute teaching job, but I really have no interest in doing so. I want writing to be fun again, and not feel like a chore. Hence, I'm only going to write about subjects that interest me, as mundane as they might be.

Ally and I subscribe to Netflix and can receive up to three DVDs at a time. We make sure to always have one documentary, one movie, and one television show. We're about to watch Ralph Nadar: An Unreasonable Man, The Reader, and the last season of the Sopranos. I think we should also institute a rating system, so our faithful readers can see what we're watching and how we liked a particular film. Also, it's a nice little journal of our personal filmography. Let's use a five-star system, with three indicating average. Below are a few of our most recent views.

Frost/Nixon ****
Religulous ***
Sopranos ****
The Wrestler ****
Rachel Gettting Married **

Wow, we've had good luck as of late. Though, as you can see, we're touring the 2008 Oscar circut. Wait until we start watching some of the tradional terrible movies that come out at the beginning of a year. I haven't felt the urge to see a movie in about 5 months!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you like "An Unreasonable Man." Too bad "Religulous" only received 3-stars on your system...I think I gave it 4-- more for entertainment than enlightenment :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I used to watch movies...Now I can't even remember the last movie I saw in the theater...maybe Iron Man??? This is not because I watch movies at home instead, this is because Curtis and I have completely opposite tastes in movies and can never agree, so we just don't watch movies. I'm glad to hear that you two don't seem to have that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. unreasonable man was good. how's lancaster? I miss the wind and the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete